
Just a quick update for today. Chace had 3 x-rays yesterday, one was for the diaphragm, which is healing a bit, but still needs more time. They checked the alignment of his neck and everything looks to still be healing well, and he also passed the one for swallowing. He is now able to eat some soft foods from the approved menu, his first meal was an orange slushy, followed by a cherry one :) The doctor also said it would be okay to get an electric fan in his room (finally!), so we picked up a couple today and that should help a lot.

While I was gone to the store, the nurse took Chace to the rehabilitation center and let him pick out his room, and also showed him some therapy he'll be doing. We are glad that he'll be leaving the ICU soon and starting the process of rehabilitating.
3 comments:
Chace - you look wonderful! Great choice on your first drink - I might have gone with a strawberry something.
Hey, you need to ask Sean where he got his black eye from on Monday...his story is he fell but I'm not totally sold. Maybe he has a better stroy for you. haha.
I'm glad you are doing better and enjoying the ability to taste things again.
That is the best choice ever for a first food! :) That is all great news! I am amazed at how fast you are recovering and you look great. Keep us the great work! You are looking better by the "update" :)
Sam K
I bet that tasted so good to you. You picked two very good flavors.
Post a Comment