Acia and Chace
Karyn and Chace

Chace and Sara
Aunt Templ was holding up a poster for Chace to read

Chace and Gram Karon
I was able to visit Chace today and I was so glad to see him and talk to him. He is improving, they put him in the wheelchair for about 17 minutes earlier today. His bed is propped up at a better angle for him to see. They did have to put the breathing tube back in just for a quick procedure but took it right back out. He has to wear the C-PAC though (the large yellow 'mask' over his nose) it forces the oxygen into his lungs to keep them fuller so the congestion can continue to clear out. Some of these pics were taken when he got to have an hour off the C-PAC so we could see his awesome smile. The brace that is on his head and is connected to his chest is to help his neck heal. Because the bones on either side of the spine were broken, he will have to wear this for about 2 months and hopefully the bones will heal on their own.
Chace is having some crazy dreams, which the nurse attributes to the drugs :) Today we heard about a fat brother, a crazy puppy-birthing dog, a skinny dad and a Lab wearing a suit - don't worry I wrote the full text down for him for later. Uncle Baron also had some rubber bracelets made for the family that say 'Chace Boy' (they're like the LiveStrong bracelets). He was getting cold at one point and I rubbed his arm and he said my hands were warm and felt like I had gloves on. Then he said "But nothing beats my mom's skin" and grabbed Acia's arm. He told here that if someone could get a piece of her skin and he could keep it by his cheek he would :) I'm not sure if we've got another Hanibal or what, but it's still sweet.
Well, it was great to see Chace doing better, he can still only get one or two words out between breaths, but that improvement will just take time. He's positive and that's very important, he's telling some great jokes to the staff! Thanks for the comments, Acia prints them out and reads them to him and when she hadn't done it yet today he told her "I need more comments" so keep them coming, he likes it.
-Sara, Acia's niece
12 comments:
hey little buddy its sean how ya been. i think i might get all our friends at school to go to the library at lunch and all post some comments for you to read. hang in there party gnome, your a strong kid and we all love you get better and keep hiting on the staff lol :] might as well have fun when your there :) well im off for the night little man sleep well
Chace! You're looking good! Keep up the awesome attitude!
~The Laws family.
Chace, I'm sure you don't remember us, but we lived by you for a few years at the apartments, my kids played with you. Its so good to read, and see how well you are doing. And yoru attitude will make or break you, and it looks like it is fantastic, so keep it up. So good to see you moving your arms, and smiling, and talking.
Acia, I can't belive how big all your kids are, I see my kids grow, but since I haven't seen yours I remember them from the last time I saw them, such a shock to see everyone so big.
Just wanted to let you know that we are praying for all of you, and for a speedy recovery for Chace so he doesn't have to be there one second longer then he needs too be.
Thanks for keeping everyone updated, all our love,
Dusty Melville, and family. ;}
Chase you look awesome dude! It is great to see you sitting up and smiling. I wish we could be there to see you in person. We can't wait until Thanksgiving, just a few more weeks. Tolman and Kimball and Eden remember you in every single prayer we pray. They are excited to come up and see you too! Thanks for being such a great example to us of an awesome attitude. We love you! Keep it up!
LeAnn, Reeve, and the whole crazy crew!
Hi Chace,
You probably don't know me. I am your grandma Karon's cousin (Doug and Charlaine's daughter). Aunt Mathalyn told us about your accident. We are so sorry you have to go through this trial. We are so impressed with your great attitude- you must be a fighter. We know that your Heavenly Father is mindful of you and will be with you along the way. You are in our thoughts and prayers daily. We wish you all the best! Give our love to your family.
Love,
Cindy (Atwood) Brady & family
I am Leann's sister, Caralee. I was so worried about you when I heard the news! I am so happy that you are doing a little better and hope that you can continue to progress and heal! I am so grateful that you are a Primary's it is a great hospital and they will take very good care of you there! My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family, I am sure that you guardian angels are close at hand watching over you! Good luck and stay strong!
Caralee Baker
Hi Chace,
The Bertagnolli family sends their love and prayers to you and your family. We love this blog you have made so we can all see that our prayers are answered and you are going to be okay. You look like you have lots of help there and we wish we were closer so we could come visit you. I think maybe you should tell us some of your jokes, we could use a good laugh too!! Hang in there and we can't wait to see you come home.
Jalyn and Family
It is good to see him without the breathing tube in. Hang in there we (Fowlks Family) are praying and thinking of your family.
-
Way to go! Such improvement! I bet your mom would give you a piece of her skin if she could! Keep fighting!
Hi Chace! I know your cousin Sara, I used to be in her ward in Syracuse! I was so sad to hear about your accident on the news. Then, when Sara blogged about it, I was even more sad, but so happy that I can keep up on the amazing progress that you have made. I am a complete stranger to you, but our family is thinking and praying for you, and are so excited for you to go home! Keep your chin up and keep up your hard work.
Hey Chace,
How are you? We hope you are doing much better then the 5th. You are looking much better than i saw you in the last pic. You got to stay strong and say almost every time you are board think in a few months I'm going to be much better. Well that is what I thought when I Got stitches then in no time i was better, we have not put any cream since I fell, now it is not much that big of a scar. So it is just like my stitches, it will be better in no time. So just think every time you wish your out just think I will be out in no time. Well it is time for me to read other blogs.
Your friends and family,
The Clasemans
Chase,
You are so strong! Rock On!
Karen,
Hey Mrs.Floyd misses you and just be strong.
Acia- Your family is in our prayers!
Post a Comment